Arctic Eagle 422B+™ is The Gold Standard
Arctic Eagle 422B+™ is the superior R-22 replacement on the market today. An exclusive patent pending formula, superior compatibility, lower price point and a 100% American manufactured product makes this the Gold Standard for R-22 replacement.
Benefits of Arctic Eagle 422B+™
- Patented formula contains a blend of synthetic POE lubricant and a hydrocarbon for superior lubrication and compatibility with existing R-22 equipment
- High quality, lowest cost option
- Replaces R-22, R-421A, R-422B, R-422D, RS-44b, and R-407C without oil change and no modification of equipment in most applications
- Our Next-generation, lubrication technology ensures compatibility and miscibility with Mineral, AB or POE lubricants found in existing equipment.
- Non-flammable; rated A1 by ASHRAE
- The pressure / temperature characteristics of R-422B+ are nearly identical to R-22, R-421A and R-422B.
- Non-Ozone Depleting Substance (non-ODS)
R-422B+is a high stability component blend compatible with synthetic and mineral oils.
R-422B+ is based on the R-422b formula, which has a proven 20 year history.
In any operational leak scenario, additional R-422B+ may be added without a significant effect on performance.
R-422B+ is an effective refrigerant for process cooling and air conditioning. It has demonstrated its effectiveness at higher temperatures, giving the added benefit of lower discharge temperatures. In many instances lower compressor discharge temperatures have been reported which can be a bonus where systems are running close to the recommended maximum.
Charge the equipment with R-422B+ as a liquid. Do not charge liquid refrigerant directly into the compressor. The total charge of R-422B+ will depend on the type of system. For those with liquid receivers it is recommended to add sufficient charge to achieve the required evaporator temperature while maintaining acceptable superheat. For optimum performance it may be necessary to use a larger expansion valve orifice. Capillary systems do not need to be changed. NOTE: it is not unusual for the occasional bubble to be seen in the liquid line sight glass. A small number of bubbles in the sight glass is not a reliable indication of an under-charged system.
E.P.A. regulations stipulate that the equipment converted is clearly labeled as containing R-422B+. Arctic Eagle 422B+™ is covered by U.S. Patent No.11,028,300.
*RS-44b is property of ComStar International, Inc.
Starting January 1, 2020, the production and import of virgin R–22 is now illegal. However, buying reclaimed R–22 remains legal. This is why it’s important to join a reclamation program to support the supply of R–22.